Thursday, September 18, 2008

Recipes

I'm following me sister's lead and posting some good recipes I come across. So here are some recent ones I've enjoyed.

Italian Beef sandwiches

Leftover hunk of cooked roast beef
2 or 3 cans beef broth
4 chopped garlic cloves
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp celery salt
5 or 6 peppercorns
1 tsp thyme
dashes Tabasco sauce – or spoonfuls for Matt
1 tsp onion salt
½ tsp oregano
Slice beef thinly. Place in cooking pot with other ingredients. Steep beef in this mixture. Do not boil, just let it soak, warm for about 1 hr. Get a loaf or two of good French bread (or whatever you want). Split and place beef and lots of juices on bread. I always experiment w/the spices. Then use the leftover juice for individual servings of au jus to dip the sandwiches in.

Easy three bean salad

1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can green beans
1 can peas
1 can corn

Drain all cans, mix and add Italian salad dressing to taste. You can pretty much use any type of beans you want. Garbanzo beans taste really good also.

1 comment:

The Nasmans said...

Jess! These look great! Will you keep posting recipes? Pretty please? :) I always love the recipes you give me! Thanks, I am going to try this next week! Love you tons!